The responsibility for the data processing lies with the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 32 + 36, 53113 Bonn, Germany
Dag-Hammarskjöld-Weg 1–5, 65760 Eschborn, Germany
Contact details of the data protection officer
Information on how collected data will be processed
The Helpdesk Business & Human Rights is located at the Agency for Business & Economic Development (AWE). The AWE as a central contact point ("one-stop store") for development cooperation is financed by the BMZ. Its sponsors are the DEG - German Investment and Development Company (Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft) mbH and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. It supports small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) so that their economic success also contributes to sustainable development in developing and emerging countries.
AWE advises companies and supports them in their search for financing and funding instruments. Together with its sponsors and partners, the agency primarily integrates SMEs into its internationally proven network of development cooperation. The advice is tailor-made and free of charge.
Personal data are for example name, address, e-mail addresses and user behaviour.
Personal data will be processed by AWE only to the necessary extent. Which data is required and processed for which purpose and on what basis depends largely on the type of service you use or the purpose for which it is required.
The SME Compass website uses services of the web analytics software Matomo (www.matomo.org), a service provided by InnoCraft Ltd, 150 Willis St, 6011 Wellington, New Zealand, to analyse usage data. Each time a user accesses the SME Compass website and each time a file is retrieved, data on this process is temporarily stored and processed in a log file. Prior to storage, each data record is made anonymous by changing the IP address.
In detail, the following data is stored for each access/retrieval:
- IP address
- Browser Type
- Browser Version
- Browser Plug-Ins
- Operating system
- Screen resolution
- Visited websites
- Duration of the visit
- Loading time of the website
When individual pages are called up, so-called temporary session cookies are used to facilitate navigation. Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in the cache memory of the Internet browser of the page visitor. These session cookies contain no personal data and expire at the end of the session. Cookies collect information about user behaviour on the site and are send it to the server. It is never shared with third parties. Data is processed based on Article 6 (1 e) of the GDPR for the purpose of pursuing the controller’s legitimate interests, in this case to improve the website.
You have the right to object to the processing of your user data for the purpose of user behaviour analysis. The link below gives you an opportunity to deactivate collection of your user data.
Notes on the opposition
An opt-out cookie is stored on your device to prevent your user data from being collected when you visit this site. For the cookie to be effective, it must be stored on every device you use to visit the site. As the cookie is stored in the browser (the program used to access websites), it must be stored on each browser if you use more than one browser per device (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome or Mozilla Firefox). You should also note that if you delete all cookies, you will also delete the opt-out cookie and will have to reinstall it.
- Temporary cookies matomo: These session cookies are used for website analysis (see above). They do not contain any personal data and expire at the end of the session.
Recipients of personal data
- Your data is not shared with third parties.
- Your data is not transferred to third countries.
Retention of data
Personal data are regularly deleted when
- they are no longer needed for contractual purposes,
- the individuals concerned have not given any separate authorisation,
- and statutory data storage obligations and periods have expired
Protection of minors
Persons under the age of 16 may not transfer any personal data to us without the consent of their parents or legal guardians.
Reference to user rights
Users of the SME Compass website are entitled to:
- receive information about data stored by us (Art. 15 GDPR),
- request correction of data stored with us (Art. 16 GDPR),
- request deletion of data stored with us (Art. 17 GDPR).
- request limitation of the processing of data stored with us (Art. 18 GDPR),
- object to the storage of the data if personal data are processed based on Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f and e GDPR (Art. 21 GDPR)
- receive personal data in a common, machine-readable format from the person in charge, in order to have it forwarded to another person in charge, if necessary (Right to data transferability, Art. 20 GDPR).
- revoke your consent, provided that the processing of the data is based on consent (Art. 6 para. 1 a) GDPR). The legality of the processing based on the consent given remains unaffected until receipt of the revocation.
Users also have the right to lodge a complaint with the responsible data protection supervisory authority. The responsible authority in this case is the German Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BfDI).
If you have any questions or complaints regarding this website, you can contact this contact address: